An incredible creative weekend of idea generation and prototype trialling
Participants and mentors met for an amazing weekend on Saturday 1st July – Sunday 2nd July 2023 at Coventry Unversity for 2 days of intense innovation and entrepreneurial activity.
CLICK HERE to see the gallery of images from the Weekend Challenge 2023
- Day one launches the Challenge with an update of some of the key challenges and opportunities in social care. Activities focus around getting to know the teams followed by How Might We change things?
- Participants and mentors form a number of small multi-disciplined teams with a range of skill-sets and perspectives. Some teams might have a quite well formed idea and others with nothing in mind – it will be great to see either route develop.
- We are looking for lots of fantastic ideas and these ideas do NOT have to be focused on technology.
- The first day continues with business planning and elevator pitch coaching finishing with a celebratory drink at the end of an amazing first day.
- Day two kicks off with each the team creating a storyboard for their idea and outline their prototype.
- The pinnacle of the weekend, when the energy and excitement really peaks, sees each team pitch their idea to the judges, recruited from some of our partners.
On both days, participants benefit from expert advice and guidance from our partners to help in developing their ideas.
Time for elevator pitches to our judges and experts!
Five teams are selected to go through to the Challenge Final at the Care Show in October at the NEC Birmingham.
These 5 finalist teams will be offered further mentoring to develop their idea and receive £500 in prize money to help run initial testing and market research.
Media coverage for the finalist teams will feature in Care Management Matters, the complete social care management journal read by executives and senior managers.
The Final at the Care Show is where the teams will present their developed solution to the wider care show, make connections with other industry experts and we judging panel choose their winner!
The winning team will receive £1,000 in prize money, media coverage and further mentoring to develop their idea.
Keep up to date during on our social media channels and follow @CareInnovHub to listen in to the teams’ progress. And come back to our page after the event for exciting news, outcomes and information on how you can get involved in the 2024 challenge as a partner or part of a team.